Wednesday, October 21, 2009

BOOK TRAILERS and Loose Rabbits

Book trailers.
RABBIT:Chasing Beth Rider will have a Book Trailer created by the publisher. But today I am thinking about creating one myself. I have photos, quotes and ideas, but perhaps not the know-how to use the flash player program to create the movie...
My sister Marty is my webmistress and she created a flash movie for my novel THE JUDGING (see the movie on the home page at http://www.thejudgingnovel.com/). For all intents and purposes, this is a book trailer. Add appropriate words to steer the folks to the bookstore or website, and you have yourself a free and easily created book trailer!
I think the kicker is that you have to use images that you have a copyright to use. As a fine artist, I appreciate and adhere to all copyright laws. So I went into town and took some pictures of Montgomery to use in my book trailer, since my book takes place in my town. Then I had a model pose for some photos of the voluntary blood-letting that abounds in my novel... So today, I will go play with the flash player widget and see what I can come up with. If it turns out half-decent, I will post it here. For now, though... I will leak my favorite photo from my new batch (photos I OWN THE COPYRIGHT TO!).
Don't forget, RABBIT will be loosed December 2009. Catch (pre-order) yours now at http://www.rabbitnovel.com/ !!
Have a great day!
ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.