Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Author CONCEIVES Rabbit at SIXTEEN"

Sure RABBIT: CHASING BETH RIDER is being delivered, actually born in about 7 weeks... but when was she conceived? Well, like many authors, my story was conceived much earlier in life. The most basic element of RABBIT was conceived when I was in the 10th grade. I'll be 41 in 2 weeks...
I used to write many short stories and a lot of them dealt with vampires. If course, my favorite movies then were vampire movies, and my favorite books...you guessed it. One book that influenced me more than many at this young age was THEY THIRST by Robert McCammon. Yep-- that book was rated R, but I didn't understand all the sexy stuff... Just the vampire stuff.
Anyway, I digress.
Today I dug out those original stories that have tiny elements of RABBIT inside. I digitized them and when the time is right, I will post them on http://www.rabbitnovel.com/ but for now, we'll let them sleep. See, I was only 16, and my writing is well...embarrassing. It is probably better than some kids my age, but still too weak to post until you guys have had a chance to see what kind of author I grew in to. So when RABBIT is successful.. I will post those original stories.
You're not missing much.
But it is curious to see where this plot line was first thought up!
Now I will return to my reading of RABBIT on the computer. I cannot wait to hold the novel in my hand for the first time. I will do a dance for days when that happens!
Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.