Thursday, August 20, 2009

MAJOR CHANGES can bring MAJOR REWARDS

I have never been real happy with the name of the vampire-like creatures from the RABBIT novel. I don't like saying 'wraith' -- it doesn't flow off the tongue like other words. In fact, I hate saying it. I hate hate hate saying wraith! Okay, calm down...
So I came up with a new word for them. The Wraith are now called Rakum (pronounced Rah' - kum). It is very clever, although only I know how clever it is right now because I haven't revealed what the word means... hee hee hee...
If you speak Hebrew, you might can figure it out.
OOops. I said too much.
I have to get back to writing. I have a deadline of mid-september to get this puppy ready to print. I want to put so much in but I have to leave so much out! If you've never written a novel you might not know that the author has 200,000 words to say to you, but the publisher will only usually allow you 60,000-100,000 to work with.
RABBIT will end up around 65,000 -- short compared my normal work. I could always rerelease it later, longer and more indepth. But that's another blog story....
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Super, super easy fix...get ready for a sequel or prequel with the 135,000 you have left over from RABBIT.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.