Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THE JUDGING preparing for the Writer's Conference 7/17/09

So on July 17th and 18th, I will be headed to Athens, Ga for the 16th Harriette Austin Writer's Conference. I am very excited. I will be taking workshops under MAYA ROCK, JUDITH GEARY, TODD SENTELL, and BEVERLY VARNADO. My manuscript for THE JUDGING will be evaluated by Katie Sulkowski who is from a primarily Christian Agency. So what are my steps now? This is my first writers conference for adult fiction. I attended a one-day conference for Children's Illustrators and Writers in 2004 and this will be a lot different. I am flying by the seat of my pants, besides chatting with some other authors online now, plus the admin for the conference. So here is what I will take with me, so far: 1. business/calling cards 2. spiral-bound copy of THE JUDGING in the latest edit 3. a packet with THE JUDGING synopsis, long and short, and 15 pages double-spaced (as if someone might ask to see it or take it with them. Or to share with an another attendee that I meet there. 4. a new spiral bound notebook to take notes in 5. a print out of all my books and their short synopses, or their hooks. I'm sure I'll think of some more things along the way. Right now I have to call the motel and add another day. Somehow I accidentally got us down for one night when I need two. This is my first ever blog for a novel series that will surely knock the socks off the reading community--Christian and Mainstream... pray for me

1 comment:

  1. Ellen,

    I look forward to seeing you at the conference!

    Write Well,

    Todd Sentell
    Author of Toonamint of Champions

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.