Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Book Gift Ideas from Ellen! DAY 1


 Clean and shiny, Day One will be bringing you a delightfully funny, uplifting and downright un-put-downable novel entitled, "The Garden Key." This is my very favorite book of 2010, and I just can't seem to hush up about it! Below is my review posted when I finished the read.


The Garden Key, by Angela Dolbear, is a book that could literally change the world. I can say with all honesty that if every man and woman on the planet read this book and let its words sink deep into their souls; when they opened their eyes the following day, they would be transformed. Changed into people who love. Really love. And in a real sense, The Garden Key is about real love.

Promos for The Garden Key entice the reader with comical, tongue-in-cheek, real-life phrases, dialogue and emotions. Honestly, I was convinced by one line from the web site which said something about "lust and cheeseburgers," but rest assured, the promises on the back cover can be trusted absolutely. As I read this book, I did indeed laugh often, and I cried with joy aplenty. I wept most when I reached the last page—do you know why? Because the novel ended.

Selfishly, I wanted it to go on and on and never conclude. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed this book so much (it was literally un-put-down-able), that when I got to the last 30 pages, I forced myself to stop reading. I would not pick it up for fear of finishing it. For over a week, I peeked at it next to my desk, carried it to my room to peek at it as I went to sleep—but I would not read on. I was terrified to see the last page. I was horrified that this wonderful, sweet, delightful, insightful and encouraging book was about to be finished. I have never read a book like this and I thank God that he led me to read it now. I have no doubt in my mind that I will read it over again many times.

And thankfully, the author hinted that she would write another. Praise the Lord.

Ellen C Maze, author Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider


 Purchase the Garden Key:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Garden-Key-ebook/dp/B004OC0456/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1322415454&sr=1-1

1 comment:

Comments welcome.