Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THE JUDGING creates a BUZZZZZ of its own...

READER REVIEW 1/3/11 -- “What a wild concept!!! A priest as a vampire vigilante! How in the world did you figure this one up and run SO WELL with the idea!??? I loved this book. I think it's one that I've read the fastest in a long time!! Ellen, when's the next one coming out! I'm DYING for it!!”

Sweet friend JUST learning about my book...

LaSheeta and her copy. Her name inspired one of the minor characters...

This is a posed photo when I asked the window girl to hold it up and she said YES! sweet!
The author's mom and #1 Fan


Feedback on my newest novel, THE JUDGING, is filtering slowly in. “Slowly,” I say, because I am an impatient person. The novel came out Nov. 29th or so, and here it is a month later, and only 4 people have posted reviews on Amazon. I’ve sold quite a few copies, so I have to be patient and allow folks time to read. I know that I sometimes take months to read a book, so ELLEN--CHILL OUT!

But the truth is, I am so excited to see how the book is received. It has a completely different pace and feel than RABBIT: CHASING BETH RIDER, which was an instant success and bestseller in the first few months, that I do not consider THE JUDGING to be a “gimme” at all. Thankfully, the first few reviews are glowing, and my heart rests a little easier. Let’s face it, I want to entertain folks and I want them to love my book. That’s normal, right?

Goodreads ran a giveaway for 35 days to win a free signed copy of THE JUDGING. 922 folks entered the drawing and the winners were announced today. CONGRATULATIONS!

They were:
GAYLA C. in GEORGIA
MATTHEW C. in MARYLAND
ABBEY S. in ONTARIO, CANADA
WILLIAM R. in ARKANSAS
DANIELLE W. in BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA


I hope everyone who reads this blog will give THE JUDGING a whirl. It is available in paperback, and every conceivable eBook configuration for every machine and device. Get links at www.ellencmaze.com.


HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Comments welcome.